About

I started this blog when I moved to Japan as Assistant Language Teacher. I've since left and taught in France, and just recently moved to Australia. As such, I'll be upgrading this to a "travel" blog, with a lot of pictures and a few anecdotes. Use the labels to navigate by country (once I get to France), and enjoy!

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

ただいま…かな? -- I'm back... sort of?

Greetings!

It has been way, wayy too long since I last visited this blog, and I do apologize. My breakup with Japan was painful, in more ways than one. (Sad, of course, frustrating and stressful were chief emotions along the way.)

I still intend to update all those drafted posts, if only to share those pictures and less about the story (depending on how good my memory and journal are), so perhaps this summer is about time I get to that. Although, I started another blog: my writing blog. (Yes, I want to write a novel.)

As for my update, let me just say I randomly, and quite surprisingly, ended up back in France! Of all places. While I'm still teaching English, I'm now teaching university students instead of youngsters and it's quite the change. (Again, for many reasons...)

I've renewed my contract for another year but by next summer, I'll probably quit teaching. We'll see, my life is still a "work in progress." I might go to grad school. While I don't dislike the education sector, I'm not entirely sure teaching is my best niche, so we'll see what I can find before diving into the pile again.

In the mean time, I might have to start studying my Japanese again because unless I'm chatting/skyping/emailing with Japanese friends, watching anime or listening to a lot of JPop, I feel my Japanese ebbing away... I figured a good JLPT test would freak me out enough for a spurt of studying. So let's start with you, N3!

With that said, I'm going to tip toe towards my bed so I can be productive tomorrow.

Enjoy your summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment