About

I started this blog when I moved to Japan as Assistant Language Teacher. I've since left and taught in France, and just recently moved to Australia. As such, I'll be upgrading this to a "travel" blog, with a lot of pictures and a few anecdotes. Use the labels to navigate by country (once I get to France), and enjoy!

Saturday, February 18, 2017

久々! どうしたの? -- Long time no see! What happened?

G'day from Down Under!

Wait, what?

That's right! Two-- now three, years later, I'm no longer teaching English. After teaching (on my own!) at a French university, I felt I needed a change... So I went where the world is inverted! At least-- the seasons are, the 'driving on the left' bit isn't as shocking to me after Japan.

I applied to grad school in Sydney (Education Management, if you're curious), finished the following year (long enough to remember the pain of writing papers, but worse because the format and expectations were different and referencing is quite a pain). Then I got my first corporate job! Which is, sadly, coming to an end. Long story short: visa restrictions are a pain, but I'm lucky enough that I can be on a Working Holiday, which means I can renew it for a second year!

Which brings me to now. I'll be moving to northern Australia for 3 months. After all this city life, it should be fun (but oh so humid, I dread that).

Apologies for not uploading anything, life tends to... slip away? As all procrastinators know too well (the writer in me is in agony).

Australia's been good to me so far, I've met many interesting people and it's almost easy to feel at home. Everything's bloody expensive, sure, but crazy desserts, yeah? (Logic.)

Time for some pictures!
Obligatory Bondi Beach picture. (It's soooo prettyyy!)
Guess who kayaked to the Opera House!? (It was hard, especially in shit weather.)
Super duper clouds rolled in. Not a great storm to be outside for. But I <3 your clouds 'Straya!
Auburn Japanese Garden, quite pretty-- yet, not quite the same?
Actually worried about this water. Is it soap??

And that doesn't even begin to cover the wonder that is Australia. (I hope you get a chance to come visit one day!)

I do still have some drafts from my time in Japan, and if life doesn't get (too) crazy, I'll upload those. Otherwise, I'll just keep moving forward and attempt to be a decent guide to life Down Under. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment